Jaw Joint Problems
Temporomandibular disorder relates to the pain and dysfunction in joints that connect mandible to the skull and muscles that enables the movement of jaw. The causes for occurrence of Temporomandibular disorder are many -
Heavy injuries in jaw joints
Collapsed bites and tooth wear
With their vast experience and expert skill sets, dentists associated with Creative Dental Clinic & Implant Centre offer best treatment for pain in jaw joint in Pune
Although pain in jaw joints and chewing muscles is the primary symptom associated with TMD, it is also characterized by other symptoms such as
- Pain in neck, jaw and face 2.
- Severe stiffness in jaw muscle 3.
- Locking of jaw with limited movement 4.
- Clicking or popping sound while closing or opening the mouth 5.
- A drastic change in the alignment of lower and upper jaws.
Treatment procedures begin with simple applications of ice pack or painkillers to alleviate the situation. Our expert doctors may also prescribe deprogramming splint to relieve muscles from tension. Also it is very much essential to wear night guards to avoid further tooth wear during the course of treatment. Many a time, TMD is the end result of an underlying dental condition. The best orthodontist. associated with our clinic conducts the detailed investigation through dental examinations and diagnostic tools and formulates the treatment procedure.
- 1. Treatments such as replacement of missing teeth with the help of implants or bridges and correction of collapsed bites through crowns are recommended to relieve the symptoms associated with TMD. 2.
- If required, root canal treatment may be undertaken by our root canal specialist to facilitate proper fixing of bridges.
- 3. To correct teeth alignment, orthodontic treatment may be suggested. It should be noted that we begin treatment of TMD through conservative approach methodologies and it is only when they fail to respond, our dentists at Creative Dental Clinic & Implant Centre resort to surgical procedures. If you are experiencing symptoms of TMD, please contact us with all your medical history records so as to channelize the treatment in right direction.