Treatment In Pune
The temporal Joint is a hinge joint that connects the jawbone to the skull. Pain and inappropriate compromised movements of the jaw cause temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ disorder), commonly known as a jaw-joint disorder.
Causes of TMJ Disorders
Temporomandibular joint disorder relates to the pain and dysfunction in joints that connect the mandible ( largest bone in the human skull that holds lower teeth in place) to the skull and muscles that enable the movement of the jaw. The Temporomandibular disorder can be caused due to:
- Heavy injuries in jaw joints
- Crowded teeth
- Collapsed bites and tooth wear
- Disc displacement
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Symptoms Of Jaw Joint Problems
Although pain in jaw joints and chewing muscles is the primary symptom associated with TMJ, it is also characterized by other symptoms such as
- Pain in neck, jaw, and face
- Severe stiffness in jaw muscle
- Locking of the jaw with limited movement
- Clicking or popping sound while closing or opening the mouth
- A drastic change in the alignment of lower and upper jaws.
TMJ Or Jaw Joint Treatment In Pune
Only 5-10% Of cases require surgical intervention, and 90% of cases are resolved with conservative treatments such as medicines and therapies. Our clinic conducts a detailed investigation through dental examinations and diagnostic tools and formulates the treatment procedure for the following cases:
- Treatments such as replacement of missing teeth with the help of implants or bridges and correction of collapsed bites through crowns are recommended to relieve the symptoms associated with TMD.
- If required, our dentist may add root canal treatment to facilitate the proper fixing of bridges.
- The doctor may suggest orthodontic treatment to correct teeth alignment. It should be noted that we begin treatment of TMJ disorder through conservative approach methodologies, and it is only when they fail to respond, our dentists at Creative Dental Clinic & Implant Centre resort to surgical procedures. If you are experiencing TMJ disorder symptoms, you can contact us freely, and our team shall guide you with the right treatment.
- Our expert doctors may also prescribe deprogramming splints(a comprehensive procedure to disengage all teeth except incisors) to relieve muscles from tension. It is very much essential to wear night guards to avoid further tooth wear during the course of treatment. Many a time, TMJ is the result of an underlying dental condition.
Through detailed correctional procedures, you may expect positive results in favor of jaw treatment. With their vast experience and expert skill sets, our dentists at Creative Dental Clinic & Implant Centre offer the best treatment for pain in the jaw joint treatment in Pune.
We, at Creative Dental Clinic, provide you & your family with holistic and evidence-based dental treatment whilst ensuring the highest levels of quality, comfort, and hygiene, making your visits enjoyable.